The Yamaha DGX650 is one mighty Digital Piano that is packed with some mind-blowing features that can make the day of any piano lover.
The sleek and classy design gives way to an unparalleled playability along with a truly remarkable experience.
You will easily be able to play a real acoustic piano after you have practiced on the Yamaha DGX650 since it has been modified to exhibit a full-blown acoustic feel, from the touch to the response.
Yamaha DGX 650 Review 2020: Why People Love It?
- The Yamaha DGX650 features full-sized 88-key keyboard which has been upgraded with a GHS technology to achieve the significant weighted action of the Acoustic Piano.
- In the Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) keyboard, the keys near the treble displays a lighter touch and those at the bass side have a heavier touch. This is similar to the effect produced in an acoustic piano due to the hammers.
- The touch sensitivity featured in this piano is Hard, Medium, Soft and Fixed.
- It also features a Full Dot LCD Display that provides with a score and Lyrics display function and a Pitch Bend.
- The Tone of the Yamaha DGX650 is generated with the help of a Pure CF Sound Engine with Damper Resonance. The acclaimed CF Sound Engine also includes the recording of the Yamaha’s CFIIIS 9’ Concert Grand Piano that ensembles a range of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo.
- The Piano has a 128-note Polyphony that in simple terms means that you can press and hear 128 notes at one time. Beyond that, the notes will start slipping. But this great range allows for a very dynamic Duet Action.
- Yamaha has provided with hundreds of preset voices onboard the DGX650 out of which 147 are the standard voices. In addition we have 15 Drum/SFX Kits and 381 XGlite voices, taking the total over to 554.
Effects and Accompaniments
- The DGX650 includes 35 types of Reverbs, 44 types of Chorus, 237 types of DSP effects and 4 types of Master EQ effects.
- The piano is also provided with an Intelligent Acoustic Control that automatically enhances the balance of the tones with changes in the volume so that you can hear every high and low in the sound clearly.
- Along with the standard Dual Layer function and the Split key Function, we also have a Panel sustain on the DGX650 that serves to add a fixed sustain on the keyboard.
- It is also provided with 195 preset standard Accompaniment styles along with an option for adding custom user styles for a thorough personalization.
- Yamaha has also introduced a Smart Chord Feature in the accompaniments style that lets you create a whole chord with the help of just one finger. Creating a complete band for yourself just got a lot easier.
- Also featured is the Style Recommender function that can suggest a complete list of accompaniment styles for you after observing what you play. Just throw in a simple piano or drum piece and see the style recommender work its magic.
- There are about 100 preset songs in the Piano. Apart from that it provides the ability to record six tracks or five songs in an SMF format at once.
- The Yamaha DGX650 has been supported with a USB Audio Recorder (WAV) that lets you record you music and save directly in a USB Flash drive. You can then copy the music to your computer or transfer it directly to your music player.
- Besides that, the piano also provides a control for the Metronome that lets you time your rhythms and a Transpose Function to set the Chord for compatibility when you are playing different voices.
- The Piano features an internal memory of approximately 1.7 MB, which we can further expand with the help of an external drive provide for USB Flash Memory.
- For connectivity, the DGX650 boasts of a USB TO DEVICE port for connecting to Thumb Drives and a USB TO HOST port for connecting directly to the music software on your computer.
- An AUX intput is also featured in the piano that lets you connect with any external device like mixers, amplifiers and speakers so that you can further boost your music for a live performance or a gig. It can also convert your DGX650 into an amazing speaker system and connect to other keyboard to jam with friends.
- Realistic sound via GHS Keyboard and Pure CF sampling
- Damper Resonance DSP
- USB Audio (WAV) Recorder to record performances and MIDI songs
- Smart Chord feature to sound like a pro
- Style Recommender
- 128 note Polyphony
- AUX Line Input to connect with any device
- Hundreds of preloaded voices, accompaniments and styles
- Apart from the large and heavy build, we could not find any cons with this masterpiece.
At the ending point of this review, We would must say that you shouldn’t miss Yamaha DGX650 piano because It is made for you with so many awesome features built in it.
There are so many people who really love it and It would be great piano for you.
I hope you would take the right choice while choosing your best piano. 😀